Yield: 1 1/2 cups of sauce
This is a wonderful sauce to make with a pork tenderloin or with a roasted chicken. I found this recipe while searching for peach recipes when I had a bushel of fresh peaches that I picked up in Opelika, GA. My husband and I decided to play Iron Chef Peach and made this gastrique to go with a roasted pork tenderloin. We also made a peach and rum cocktail, a peach cobbler and fresh peaches soaked in brandy with brown sugar – to serve with vanilla ice cream.
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 shallot, peeled and minced
2 cups diced peaches
2-3 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp white wine or Cognac
3 Tbsp. cider or white wine vinegar
salt to taste
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium low heat.
2. Add shallots and cook until translucent – about 5 minutes
3. Add peaches, Cognac, vinegar, ginger and cardamon and salt.
4. Bring to boil over med high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-20 minutes
5. Mix in blender and serve with pork or chicken
*These recipes are contributed by users of the RecipeHive service. The recipe ingredients or instructions may have been altered from the original by the user that submitted them. Accuracy is not guaranteed.