Install our handy “Clip It” bookmark tool to easily clip recipes from many of the popular recipes sites like: Food Network, Epicurious, Food and Wine, or Bon Appétit. Just click the button to import into your online collection.
Drag this button Clip It to your Bookmarks Bar.
When you are on a web site with a recipe you want, just click your “Clip It” bookmarklet. Within seconds the recipe will be imported into your RecipeHive account. It couldn’t be easier!
The box on the right lists supported recipe websites. Don’t see your favorite? Let us know, and we’ll do our best to include it.
Some recipe websites don’t use industry standard schemas, and therefore can’t be used with the “Clip It” import tool. These sites include: 101 Cookbooks, My New Roots, theKitchn, Whole Living Daily.
Step 1: Drag the “Clip It” button to your bookmarks bar
Step 2: Find a recipe you want to import and click your new “Clip It” bookmark
Step 3: Click the “View Recipe” button when your import is complete
In Chrome, first make sure that your bookmarks bar is visible by navigating to “View/Always Show Bookmarks Bar” in your Chrome menu. Once the bar is visible, drag the “Clip It” button to your bookmarks bar and drop it there.
In Firefox, first make sure that your bookmarks bar is visible by navigating to “View/Toolbars” in your Firefox menu and adding a check mark beside Bookmarks Bar. Once the bar is visible, just drag the “Clip It” button to your bookmarks bar and drop it there.
In Internet Explorer, first make sure that your favorites bar is visible by right clicking next to the Home icon in your browser and selecting “Favorites bar.” Once the bar is visible, drag the “Clip It” button to your favorites bar and drop it there. Internet Explorer will ask you to confirm that you want to add the bookmark. Click “Ok” and you’re all set.
The Microsoft Edge browser doesn’t allow installation of bookmarklets.
In Safari, first make sure that your bookmarks bar is visible by navigating to “View/Show Bookmarks Bar” in your Safari menu. Once the bar is visible, drag the “Clip It” button to your bookmarks bar and drop it there. You will have to click “Ok” on the little pop-up that appears. It is recommended that you do not change the name for the bookmarklet.
iPhone or iPad
There are two different methods for installing a bookmarklet on an iPhone or iPad.
Install the bookmark in the Safari or Windows browser on your desktop/laptop computer, then sync bookmarks via iTunes.
Once you have installed the bookmark in the Safari or Internet Explorer browser on your desktop/laptop computer. Open iTunes and connect your iPad with your computer.
Select your iPad device from the left-hand sidebar in iTunes and click the ‘Info’ tab.
Scroll to the ‘Others’ section and check ‘Sync Safari Bookmarks’. For Windows users, check ‘Sync Internet Explorer Bookmarks’.
Lastly, click ‘Apply’ to sync the bookmarks between Safari on your iPad and Safari or Internet Explorer on your computer.
- First, copy the code from the textbox below. To copy: tap once on the code, tap Select All then tap Copy.
- Next, click Safari’s Add Bookmark icon (). Select “Add Bookmark” and without making any changes, bookmark this page by clicking “Save.”
- Now click on the Bookmarks icon () to reveal your bookmarks. Navigate to your new bookmark and click “Edit” in the corner of the bookmarks window.
- Select your newly created bookmark and change the name to “ClipIt – RecipeHive”.
- Next, delete the URL shown and paste the code you copied in step 1: tap the URL shown in the second field, tap “Select All”, tap “Paste”.
- Tap “Done” on the keyboard, which will return you to the list of bookmarks. Tap “Done” to finish editing bookmarks. Tap “Done” a third time to close the bookmarks list.